Today is April Fool’s Day. Here’s a roundup of the pranks I’ve found this year:
- Google has announced the release of Google Gnome, a smart assistant for your yard. It can tell you the weather, wind speed and direction, and even has a ride-on lawnmower integration unit, so you can have the Gnome mow the lawn for you.
- Stack Overflow announced a new authentication method: Dance Dance authentication.
- Reddit announced /r/place, an interactive canvas where users can place a pixel anywhere they like, but are then locked out for a period of time before placing another. At time of writing, there were a lot of flags, video game characters (Bomberman, Link), nyan cat, quotes and plugs for other subreddits.
- Google maps added Ms Pac Man.
- And there are plenty more Google Jokes in this roundup.
- Ikea are holding a pencil amnesty.